This initiated me to look in to the history of Indian Flag. Well designing it would be tough task then. To represent an integral India when it was divided geographically.
Some of the good links are here
And one interesting thing was also found.
There are rules as to where the flag can be hoisted represented by a 3x2 matrix.
This is called Vexillological Symbol.
- civil flag – Flown by citizens on land.
- state flag – Flown on public buildings.
- war flag – Flown on military buildings.
- civil ensign – Flown on private vessels (fishing craft, cruise ships, yachts, etc).
- state ensign – Flown on unarmed government vessels.
- war ensign – Flown on warships
Indian flag can be furled on citizens land, public buildings and military buildings.
This gives an immediate information about the code of Hoisting Indian Flag. That's information theory.