Thursday, October 02, 2008

Trying out Gtalk Labs edition

I got to know from my friend that Google is trying out hands on Gtalk in their labs. And it's available for download to test it out. So I just went ahead and downloaded this new kiddie with lot of enthusiasm, anxious to see what new has Google team done with Gtalk.


But after installing it and using I just can't bear it for more than few minutes. I uninstalled it. Listed below are some of the usability issues I found with it.
  • they have put all chat windows into one. there is no liberty of moving (drag-drop) of different chat windows of different users
  • sign out option is removed from chat window
  • you need to right click on icon in task bar and then sign out
  • limited settings options
  • the title text color is grey which doesn't go well with blue tint of chat box
  • when u are chatting with someone you can't say who's online
    closing the any chat window will bring up the last left chat window on top rather than the adjacent one

No comments: